Anne of Windy Poplars

Anne of Windy Poplars - L.M. Montgomery The fourth in the series and another beautiful instalment it was. The style of this one is different from the previous three. I noticed some reviews by other readers reflecting this fact. I personally enjoyed the refreshing approach to telling Anne's story of her experiences at Summerside. I thought it quite romantic that the majority of the novel was told to the reader in the form of her letter to Gilbert.

Whenever the story was not told within the context of letters, it was told in Montgomery's regular fashion the reader would be used to. I enjoyed the many tales and experiences that involved fellow Summerside residents. There were so many interesting and unique temperaments to get acquainted with. Anne also seemed to have a knack for really getting herself involved in the lives of the people around her and changing them for the better.

Some of the highlights of this book were Katherine Brooke, the two siblings from hell that Anne babysat, and of course Pauline and Mrs. Gibson. There were many adventures to enjoy in Anne of Windy Poplars.