Anne of the Island

Anne of the Island - L.M. Montgomery This book in the series has to be a highlight, and I haven't gotten around to reading book 4, 5, or 6 yet! There were some truly special moments in this instalment. I won't go into any real detail about these moments, but let me point to them using some more broad strokes. In life, there are significant moments. Especially, relating to growing up out of youth and into adulthood. There are moments of change, in your own life and the people around you. There is gain and there is loss. Unfortunately, it's the loss that sometimes leaves the biggest impact, yet also provide for the best fodder for stories. There is love and there is rejection. There are happy endings and there are sad endings. There is death and there is life.

So, that being said... Anne of The Island contains all those things and more. There is truly a multitude of wonderful ups and downs and twists and turns to get lost in and enjoy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Lucy Maud Montgomery's writing style and I'm growing to love it even more the more I read on.